- Consult with client to identify the scope of work and project goals.
- Evaluate existing conditions and available documentation.
- Preliminary space assessment for proposed new locations.
- Assess project resources and limitations, including budget.
- Identify life, safety and code requirements.
Design and Documentation
- Formulate preliminary plans and design concepts.
- Plan and organize public and private space to best utilize its function (space planning).
- Incorporate functional, aesthetic and ergonomic considerations into design solutions.
- maintain compliance with applicable building and safety codes.
- Develop budgets.
- Select, design and specify interior architectural finishes and architectural elements.
- Select, design and specify furniture, fixtures, equipment, art, and accessories.
- Prepare construction documents for non-structeral interior construction.
- Design and specify lighting solutions; calculate light levels; light fixture specifications; lighting plan coordination.
- Collaborate with consultants, specialists, and/or licensed practitioners
- Review with and educate the client on design solutions and product recommendations.
- Prepare bid documents for interior products and services.